Saturday, February 11, 2012

18 weeks

Well I am almost 19 weeks now, but here is my 18 weeks post. ITS A GIRL!!!! I saw it right away, but the tech didn't confirm it to us until about 5 minutes into the ultrasound. I think she was wanting to add to the suspense. I had tears running down my face, of happiness of course. I can't wait to see what she looks like. Will she have my strawberry blonde hair and blues eyes or will she look just like her brother. Emma Grace, I can't wait to meet you!

I went to the fabric store the other day to start Emma's baby quilt. I am so excited about it. This is my first attempt at quilting. I can't wait to finish it. Ethan came with me. I told him we were finding material to make Emma a quilt and he started picking out fabric for himself. He picked out a train fabric and carried it around the store saying " Ethan's blanket". Oh the jealousy begins! I of course bought him some fabric too. So I guess if Emma's quilt turns out good, I will be making Ethan a train one too. I love my little buddy! He is just to cute to refuse.

Maternity clothes: Nope, still wearing my normal jeans. My size two jeans are gettting snug and sometimes I wrap a rubber band around the button to keep it in place instead of buttoning it. My size four jeans fit me perfect. I imagine I will be wearing the fours for most of my pregnancy, eventually with a bella band.
Cravings: Lots of fruit still, salad with ranch and french dressing mixed (sounds gross,but oh so good), cheddar rice cakes, and Strawberry ice cream mmmmm. Oh and I could eat at Sweet Tomatoes like every day. I make a giant salad and eat some breadsticks. It is my favorite by far.
Weight gain: 4 pounds (It's hard for me to see that scale go up, but I have to remind myself I am growing a beautiful baby girl)
Movement: I have been feeling her move since 17 weeks, but the past week has been more of kicks. I love it! It is my favorite part of being pregnant. I could just lay there and feel her move for hours. Too bad it never lasts that long.
Looking forward to: Seeing Emma at my 20 week ultrasound (actually scheduled at 21 weeks). Ethan asks everytime we go to the drs if we are going to see the baby on the TV. So cute!



Week 18 pic, I think I am starting to show a bit. Mostly I just feel like my stomach looks thick. Which means I am in that annoying part of pregnancy where I don't look pregnant, but look like I have gained a couple pounds.


1 comment:

Krysta said...

I am still so excited it's a girl!! I can't believe you are just barely showing at 19 weeks. No one would be able to tell yet. It kind of is an annoying time because of that. Enjoy all of those little baby movements!