Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a fabulous Halloween this year. Thursday night I went to a friends house and we decorated cookies. Just the moms. It was really nice to have grown up talk without interruption and decorating cookies was fun too. The next day we took the kids to a local nursing home and handed out the cookies. It was a really good time. I of course have no pictures of any of this. Darn. Ethan was super friendly to all the older people there. It was too cute.

Then Friday evening we went to a Halloween party and trunk or treating put on by a friend of mines church. It was a really good time. The kids had a fabulous time and Layne and I really enjoyed the people around us. Again no pictures. So not like me. Alexa dressed up like Strawberry Shortcake and Ethan dressed up like himself. Stubborn little thing. Good thing he is so dang cute.


 Then she saw her friend Kaylee dressed up like a nerd and totally wanted to do it too. Sigh.....So glad we bought costumes for our kids this year! Next year free costumes! They are going to use what they have! I have to admit she made a pretty darn cute nerd.
 At least she still used the Strawberry Shortcake bag I made her.
 Ethan got the hang of trick or Treating really fast. He loved it, but he only went to about 20 houses and was done with it.
 No costume, but at least he wore a shirt that said Happy Halloween. That counts for something right??
 Was a little freaked out by a skeleton in a mirror here. He was kind of in a trance.

 The next morning he went and grabbed his "purse" (that's what he calls the pumpkin bag I made him) and dove into his loot. Thumbs up mom!
 Saturday before Halloween Layne and I were invited to a "White Trash" Halloween party that a friend of mine was throwing. We dressed up a little. I wore my hair down and crazy and waaayyyy too much make-up. If you think our outfits are bad you should see how everyone else dressed! It was a riot! We laughed all night.
 This picture of Layne makes me laugh. His outfit is awesome!
 Don't we just look sooo classy ;)
We seriously don't go out enough. We are always so busy with the kids and just doing family stuff together that we forget that we really need to spend some time alone together (well at least without the kids). We should start going out on a date at least once a month. Maybe. We shall see.

It was a really fun Halloween. Now it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas before we know it!

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I love that Alexa changed her costume! She makes such a cute nerd! Kaylee and Alexa should have gone trick or treating together.

I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants about you and Layne! Hilarious! You are lookin' hot girl! Wish I had a push up bra like that. :) Are those thremols Layne is wearing? His pants and cowboy boots had me dying! Tell him he is the sexiest white trasher EVER.