Monday, August 13, 2012

Emma Grace Sailer arrives

July 5th 2012 at 8:17 am we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into this world. She weighed 7bls 1 oz and measured 19 1/2 inches. She started off with a bit of a bumpy start and had to admitted into the NICU for 3 1/2 very long days. Emma came out with fluid in her lungs which is called TTN (transient tachypnea newborn). Transient means its short lived and tachypnea means rapid breathing, which is due to the fluid. After some really scary hours, I was told it was nothing really serious. It was so hard to be away from her for those days. I had this vision of her birth in my mind, where I would be nursing her right away and taking a hundred pictures of her in our room, with her sister and brother, with her daddy and with me. Instead I got some precious moments of her with tubes and wires all hooked up. It really made me appreciate a healthy baby. I can't imagine having a baby in there for something more serious and for a longer period of time. We are truly blessed to have three beautiful AND healthy children.



















Daddy holding Emma for the first time. So sweet. Wish I would have gotten this pic on my camera instead of the phone.
 Finally off the nasal tubes and feeding tube,
 dressed for the first time!
 Our last night there she was permitted to leave the Nicu for 30 mins to meet her big sister and big brother. It was love at first sight for both of them. Ethan looked at me, as he helped push her bassinet, and said "we're ready now. Let's go home". So cute. Both Ethan and Alexa were very proud. That was the very best part of our entire stay at the hospital. I will never forget how excited the both of them were.





 Getting dressed to go home!

 On July 8th at about 12 in the afternoon we were finally able to bring a beautiful bundle home. This just happened to be our third anniversary too. This was by far the best anniversary present either one of us has ever had.

 Home right were she should be!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband and I were talking about naming our baby Emma Grace and as I was looking all on google, I came across the photos of your Emma Grace and read the story. It is very sweet and brought tears to my eyes. She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Charlotte Raines

Lisa said...

She's beautiful! Congrats on her coming home and I hope you got to start nursing her! :)